At a moment’s notice, most people can recite at least three reasons why working out cannot be worked in to their hectic schedules. We all lead very busy lives, whether as professionals in our field, parents, caregivers, students, or however we choose to fill our schedules. Nonetheless, there is no excuse for not taking care of our bodies, and no real reason why the average man or woman should have to choose liposuction over exercise to lose weight and tighten muscles. It is not that complex to eat a healthy diet and exercise on occasion. As a matter of fact, you can even exercise at your desk as you read this article!
1. Arm curls. Sit straight in your chair and place your arm behind your hip (on the same side). Bend and hold this position for a count of ten, then repeat on the other side. Add a water bottle or small weight for increased resistance and maximum results.
2. Try holding a file or water bottle in one hand and extending your arm toward the ceiling. Hold for a few seconds, and then drop the arm. Repeat for a total of ten repetitions, and start on the other side.
3. Hold a water bottle or other small object in your hand and stretch your arm to shoulder level, hand out (like a flying motion). Repeat nine times, and switch to the other arm.
Legs &; Hips
1. Stretch each leg (one at a time) until they reach thigh level. Hold, keeping your muscle tight, for a count of ten, and release. Switch to the other leg, or do both legs at once.
2. Place feet flat on the floor. Tighten thigh muscle and lift foot off the floor, keeping your knee bent. Hold this position for about 10 seconds, and repeat on the other side.
1. Give yourself a hug, making sure to sit up straight. Contract your abs and slowly curl your shoulders toward your abs, holding this position for about 10 seconds. Repeat for a total of 10 times per day.
1. Shrug your shoulders toward your ears, and hold in the highest position possible for at least 10 seconds. Relax, and repeat as often as desired.
Note: Do not try to do any exercise that is painful. If a position hurts, stop doing it until you see a doctor. While exercise should tire the muscles in order to strengthen and define them, it should not cause actual physical pain to do any of these simple desk exercises. If your doctor recommends plastic surgery, seek a second opinion and learn the facts.